From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:47:59 +0200
>>> remember the Dr.Stoll reference?
>>Sorry, no. Who is he and what is the reference?
>Searching more stuff about the Krebs Cycle, energy yielding pathways
>and about thiamin, i came about that Dr.Stoll's web site.
>I include it again at the bottom.
Sorry, I forgot.
Here it is;
(well, just one example describing the process)

<<
First, you have to know something about the Krebs Cycle. This is
the metabolic pathway that ALL carbohydrates have to go through
in order to be broken down into little energy packets called ATP
(adenosine tri phosphate). This extremely complicated system is
one of the first ones we physicians learn in medical school. The
system requires at least 48 different nutrients to work at peak
efficiency to complete the carbohydrate breakdown. All of these
nutrients are present in any living food since they are processing
their own Krebs Cycle to maintain their life processes.
..example of a wheat grain...
It has just enough of the 48
micronutrients to digest exactly the amount of energy (starch) that
is present in that grain of wheat. It is designed to last till the
plant can grow enough root and leaves to make its own energy.

When we eat a whole grain, we are getting exactly the amount of
micronutrients needed to digest the amount of carbohydrates in that
grain--no more and no less. If we eat a grain that has been refined,
all we have left are the carbohydrates. All the micronutrients have
been removed to feed to animals. ..
( http://www.bcn.net/~stoll/sugar.html )
>> end of citation

Please don't feel offended or whatever if a wheat grain is
the example in this text (especially those of you with celiac
disease of wheat allergy).
The mechanism described applies to any living plant (or animal)
beeing with carbohydrate fuels.

regards
Amadeus