From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 08:02:03 -0400
Hans Kylberg wrote:

>What about mango seeds??? The seem to big for me.
>And what about banana seeds, will they survive in my intestines?
>The idea that all fruits are "designed" to be eaten rings false to me.

As for mangos you walk away from the tree, eat the flesh, and then deposit
the seed at a different location. It need not go through the digestive
tract, just there was symbiotic evolution.

As for bananas and berries. Humans are not the only animals doing seed
spreading. Berries are designed for birds, and the thorns are to keep the
mammals away. Berry seeds get digested in mammals, but not by birds.

Don.