Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 07:30:03 +1000
Here is a discussion that transpired amongst Hygienists from my friend's
Larelle

>>> Can the Hygienic fizzy-ologists amongst us answer Todd's question as to
whether
>> insulin resistance due to high fat content in diet (and high fat ratio
in
>> the tissues), is only a problem when we have a high carb intake which
>> creates the blood sugar surges?

>If I recall correctly, glucose is actively transported into cells by a
sodium
>ion carrier molecule. That being the case, there must be several binding
sites
>recognized and activated, along with all sorts of hydro-mechanical actions
>taking place. If there is a lot of saturated fat floating around in the
>bloodstream, then at least one BIG problem is that the fat simply plugs up
>everything! If you've ever seen the video by Dr. Michael Klaper, Diet for
All
>Reasons, he shows what happens in a tube of blood drawn from a patient who
has
>just eaten a triple-bypass special, fries and a shake at the local
McGrease.
>Within a half an hour, the top half of the test tube is filled with grease
and
>fat. Pretty disgusting-looking. I suspect that the average meat-eater's
blood is
>loaded with sludge all the time, making all sorts of chemical reactions
>difficult.
An excellent book which gives the experience of Hygiene doctors with
getting
many adult onset diabetics off insulin thru dietary/lifestyle changes is
covered in the book "FASTING AND EATING FOR HEALTH"
By Dr. Joel Furhman M.D.   This book also gives the Hygiene view of the
dangers of a high protein, high fat/low carb diet and dangers of high
refined carb diet..    Available from the American Natural Hygiene Society.
www.anhs.org    P.O Box 3060, Tampa FL
33630  USA   (813) 855-6607