From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:40:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/99 7:48:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  As for your question as to why a person following an
>  "evolutionary" diet might also follow a "modern" religion, here
>  are some considerations.
>
>  1.  Contrary to your statement, some commentators believe that
>  paleolithic people *are* mentioned in the Bible.  In Genesis
>  4:16-17 we learn that Cain, having made himself unpopular at
>  home, moved to Nod and got married.  Who were the people of Nod?
>  It has been suggested (e.g., Gerald Schroeder, _The Science of
>  God_) that they were Neanderthal.

I have this book, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
This is fascinating stuff.....Neanderthals married?  And what was Cain?
Homo-Sapien?....I'm gonna have to read that book....

>  2.  Another possibility is that Ray's facetious religious
>  symbolism in Neanderthin is actually more or less accurate.  That
>  is, the Bible records the "fall" from the ideal hunter-gatherer
>  state to the "cursed" state of agriculture: "And unto Adam he
>  said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and
>  hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou
>  shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow
>  shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life" (Gen 3:17).  On
>  this view, the paleodiet is an attempt to recapture a bit of
>  pre-Fall living.

Was this supposed to have transpired 10,000yrs ago?

>  Todd Moody

Anna