From:
Bill Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:22:30 -0800
> Eggland's Best eggs have been granted a U.S. Patent #5,246,717: "Eggs
> Compatible with a Cholesterol Reducing Diet and Method of Producing the
> Same".

If you want to see the patent, here's the link to the U.S. Patent and
Trademark Office patent search website:

     http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

Click on Patent Number Search and plug in the patent number. I'll give
the direct URL below, but it's two full lines long. Easier to go through
the search page.

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1='5,246,717'.WKU.&OS=PN/5,246,717&RS=PN/5,246,717

The patent calls for feeding chickens unsaturated vegetable oil, such as
canola oil, in lieu of animal fat. Canola oil is a product of
genetically engineered seed, which agitates some people. However, the
real question is how closely the composition of the resulting eggs
resembles that of eggs from wild chicken-like fowl living on bugs,
worms, seeds, greens, and whatever else they can find.

Bill Dooley

Bill Dooley