NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 00:37:00 -0600
Thanks Steve. I have self-diagnosed my problem, and not being a doctor, I
may have some erroneous beliefs. What I did discover was that I had a
problem larger than lactose intolerance. It only went away when I avoided
all dairy. However, some products with casein, e.g. soy cheeses with
casein, don't bother me. That left the whey proteins, as near as I could
tell, as the source of my problem. It didn't seem reasonable that I could
be allergic to lactose.

Don

At 11:30 PM 10/21/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>All the lactose-free cheese I'm aware of uses lactase enzyme to break down
the lactose molecules. >It wouldn't have any effect on the whey proteins.