NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Gallo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:21:20 -0400
Is calcium lactate a derivative of milk?  My son is 8 months old and when he
was first born he was diagnosed as being congenitally lactase deficienent.
We have had him on Nutramigen exclusively and has been doing fine.  However,
just yesterday we gave him just 4 licks of a Dole Fruit Juice Bar and about
an hour later he was screaming in pain for about 7 hours.  The only thing we
could think of was that it was the Juice Bars so reviewing the ingredients,
Calcium Lactate was found.  I am assuming it is milk related but was
wondering if someone could confirm.

Thank you,

John Gallo