NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:59:42 GMT
On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:49:12 EDT, Sandra Trailor wrote:

} Hi. My son has been diagnosed with a soy allergy and milk allergy. He is
} presently 3 years old. Our Dr. recommends keeping him on Isomil for that
} reason. Isomil also provides the calcium he needs. A lot of the soy milks
} have very little calcium in them. The dietitian in our GI office has also
} given me some flavor packets to try, since some of the older kids balk at the
} flavor--but I haven't tried them yet.Good luck! Sandy

A lot of green leaf vegetables are an excellent source of calcium.
Also sesame seed (my daughter gladly eats tahini).

Have fun,
Alex.