CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:12:29 +1200
Issodhos:
> It is 8:31PM eastern time here in the American Appalachia
> Mountains and the
> uppermost rim of the sun has just set behind the nearest mountain ridge to
> me.  Anyone care to post when it disappears behind the skyscraper,
> wheatfield, desert, cypress swamp, white cliff, Irish bog, or
> ocean where you are at?

Issodhos... I have to keep reminding myself cos sometimes I think there may
just be some hope for you:-). Queenstown, Aotearoa-New Zealand... our suns
just done the same - over Lake Wakatipu and down behind a mountain range.
The only things spoiling the scene are the commercial development (let us
show you nature in all her grandeur)and the absence of anything
approximating winter. Where has winter gone? We used to have 4 seasons down
here - now we have something that feels like the meteorological equivalent
of a global fast-food chain. The end is nigh.