BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:58:12 -0500
Dear NIMBY, et al.

Regardless of how we decide to handle the graphics issue, one rule with web
pages is make the graphics as small as possible.  When creating a jpeg
file, also try creating a gif file (they handle colour mapping differently,
and hence can often be substantially smaller than jpeg files).  Post which
ever file is smaller.  Voila, download time for the graphic can be cut -
I've seen tests where it can be cut by 50-75%!

- Panhandle

PS - I also have plenty of bandwidth on the company T1, so I understand
where you're coming from with your home account.

01/18/2000 04:57:26 PM ----------
Signed

haven't worried previously because the company email had lots of bandwidth
but now I'm about to get my own personal email address I'm seriously
concerned (aka NIMBY).