BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:13:44 -0600
Ken Follett wrote:

> In a message dated 1/6/00 12:30:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> >  In the good old days when researchers could get stack
> >       passes, I remember being VERY nervous about walking around on these
> >       odd, translucent floors.

Hell back in the day I used to build post & beam type green houses using sliding
glass door inserts and 4 x whatever cedar beams-
insulated glass nominal size 2'6" x 6'8" just supported on the edges- upon which
we would stand while screwing down the caps.
Now granted my gut wasn't as big then but my shoulders were bigger so I was still
going w/ tools the best part of 200-220 lbs
that's eerie standing on a clear piece of glass a few stories up
detoxxing the poisons of my youth...

DD