Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Patricia E. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 09:18:21 -0700
> "The nutritional needs of most fit elderly people can be met by eating
a diet incorporating the general recommendations of >/=5 portions of
fruit and vegetables a day, oily fish twice a week, breakfast cereals
daily and starchy foods with every meal."

>Any idea why they want "starchy foods with every meal?"
>
>Kath

My personal opinion is that Big Agriculture (General Mills, etc.) owns
the government.

I just got back from the hospital.  Could have starved to death.    I
don't eat grains or starchy vegetables or beef or hardly any fruits, and
never oranges under any circumstances.  Guess what they fed me?  I did
talk to the nutritionist, and all she could say was that the food
available there didn't fit my personal diet.   This is a Heart
Hosopital, and 2/3 of the people in there are diabetics. They let me go
to the cafeteria in the basement and order from the line (Denver omelet)
instead of eating the patient fare.  When the Earthquake woke me up at 3
AM (I was in Phoenix), my blood glucose level was down to 70, so I had
to get up and eat food I had brought with me.  There is no food
available in the hospital in the middle of the night!

Thanks to my dentist, who referred me to another doctor, who referred me
to a cardiologist, I got an angioplasty and stent in time to prevent a
massive heart attack.  It was all done on an emergency basis.

Patty