CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Issodhos @aol.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:39:38 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/00 1:27:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Tony--
>
>  You're absolutely right that Issodhos is an apologist for this appalling
> system we live under,
>  and that this list is a strange place for his apologias. But we should be
> glad that he's wasting
>  his time and energy here, where nobody will be influenced by his
propaganda,
> rather than
>  someplace where people might actually be fooled by his nonsense.

    Jonathan, you are free to show a single instance in which I act as an
apologist for the death penalty.  I assume you will not interpret my
presenting facts which make it possible for others less familiar with America
to put the topic into perspective.  I understand that truthful statements
would upset someone such as yourself who must rely on propaganda and
hyperbole in your callous exploitation of capital punishment in your crusade
against America's socioeconomic system.

    As to my being on this list, might I point out that the list is not
restricted to those who wish to engage in a personality cult type worship of
the "Chompman".
Yours,
Issodhos
p.s. By the way, some would argue that in the counting of prisoners one
should include all of the citizens of communist North Korea and communist
China, as well as communist occupied Tibet.  By the way, my position is that
a prison should for the most part hold only those people who have committed a
violent crime or have threatened to do so.;-)