CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:08:03 -0500
From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
7Bit
J.J. writes-
<I would hope not! Your reference to "this boycott" implies that prior
to this, people on this list have actually been eating at Burger King--a
disgusting thought, for a whole host of reasons. C'mon, Tony, with all
your political analysis you should know better than to patronize ANY
multinational fast food chain--or any chain of any kind. Surely it
doesn't take one particular example to stop you from eating there!>

J.J., I could lie and deny what you say.     Or I could defend myself,
saying that I had only entered out of desperation, for a salad or two.

The fact is, that when you're poor and living in places like McAllen or
Tyler, dinner out becomes a choice often between McDonalds, Burger King,
Wendy's, or Jack in the Box.
I even had Burger King once pay for the price of dental repair on a
chipped tooth, from one of their electrically deboned burgers.

So I have tried to personally boycott BK and McD for many years.     My
daughter is a victim of the Fascist Clown and his playgrounds and toys.
And I personally favor the assassination of Ronald via terrorist attacks
on Ronald-McDonald Houses.

I hope that none of the readers of the Chomsky chronicles will mistake
what I say here, as being just knee-jerk Anti-Americanism, as some have
charged that I am.      But let me say that I favor a law banning all
micro-wave hamburgers, even if they are 'flame broiled'.      Make them
illegal altogether, with stiff legal penalties for violators such as
Seven- Eleven or Burger King.     Up to, and including the death
penalty, as long as it administered judiciously, under law, and without
mob justice.

Further, I call for the withdrawal of all Burger Kings out of Occupied
Territories and Qatar.     Withdrawal of all McDonalds from France and
Moscow.     And now, sad to say... a halt to new construction of Wendys
in Ciudad Juarez.    Even if microwaves are not in use.

Down with freedom of choice when it comes to imperialist food!      Long
Live a Commssar of Good Taste!     Sincerely, for the elimination of bad
hamburgers everywhere.     Don't vote Al Gore in November, Tresy.