CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Issodhos @aol.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 13:35:50 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/00 8:49:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  Hard to put that aside, since Man is a social animal. One might just as
>  sensibly ask why parents should be expected to pay for the costs of raising
>  their own children.

    Oddly enough, because of their own choice (or carelessness) they created
the children and they are indeed THEIR children, not society's or the state's.

>  If by "economically productive" you mean working class, as I assume you
>  must, then the working class don't pay tax, capitalists pay all taxes out
>  of surplus value.

    By "economically productive" I mean anyone from a ditch digger to a CEO.
I suspect you have some esoteric theory, but you will have to explain why you
say I, as a member of the working class, am NOT paying taxes when I am forced
to send in or have expropriated from my paycheck, income for which I have
exchanged my labor and a portion of my life. :-)
Yours,
Issodhos