From:
Lindsay Amadeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:26:30 -0400

Just read the summary about gf chicken broths and it inspired me to
stand up on the soap box.  Swanson's Chicken Broth has been taken of off
that manufacturers gf list for some time.

I am compelled to caution members of the list to only answer request for
gf products if you have a manufacturer verified answer.  Many
listmembers respond with "it doesn't bother me" or "I don't react to
it."

It is well known that celiacs have different levels of sensitivity and
reaction thresholds, however, all gluten ingestion damages the
intestine.  Your personal reaction to a product does not verify gf
status.

In respect for the newly diagnosed and the rest of us that depend on
each other to guide us wisely and safely, please don't respond unless
you have solid information about the gf status of a product.  Including
the date of your gf verification from the manufacturer would be even
more helpful as we can compare dates with our own personal lists.

Thank you.

Lindsay