From:
James Alpigini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:09:07 -0400

Greetings List-Members,

I just received the following query response from Richmoor Corporation, a
manufacturer of freeze dried and other camping type foods.  I though it
would be of general interest.

James at Penn State

---------------------------------------

Dear Dr. Alpigini,

Thanks for your query of September 8 regarding gluten-free products of
RichMoor and Natural High. We would have gotten back to you sooner, had it
not been for staff vacations and travel.

We asked our food technologist about the prevalence of gluten in our
products. Unfortunately for you, none of our current product line is
entirely gluten-free. As someone who is allergic to gluten, you probably
already know just how prevalent it is in many foods one might not associate
with gluten. All our Natural High entrees contain wheat starch, and many
flavoring ingredients also contain gluten-based materials.

We hope to develop gluten-free products for customers such as yourself, and
will label these products, if and when they become available, as
gluten-free.

Thanks so much for your patience and interest in Natural High and RichMoor.

Sincerely,

Susan N. Zane
Customer Service