From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 19:40:23 EDT

Thanks to all of you who answered my question about eating out at Chinese
Restaurants.  I will try to summarize:

Almost all that replied said to stay away from the soy sauce (which I knew),
but to bring your own.

5 people stated that they order Moo Goo Gai Pan.
5 people stated to order steamed rice, steamed vegies, steamed chicken/shrimp.
4 people stated that they just never eat out Chinese, and to avoid it
   altogether because of the language barrier, and possible contamination
   with cooking utensils, etc.
8 people said to call or talk to the chef beforehand, and to get to know your
   restaurant personally so they can accomodate you each time you come in.
4 people also stated to order white sauce with your meal in place of soy
   sauce.

The general feeling was to be careful, ask alot of questions, and if in
doubt, DON'T DO IT!

Thanks so much for you answers!

Jan