From:
Lindsay Amadeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:40:50 -0400

Emailed Starbucks last week to see if their coffee was gf -- just asked
about the whole bean/ground coffee, not the in-store brewed.  Their
answer is below:

Dear Lindsay,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail Starbucks Coffee Company.

We do not add anything to our coffees, so they should all be gluten-free!

Thank you again for contacting Starbucks.  If you have any further questions
or concerns, please contact us at [log in to unmask] or call (206) 447-1575
ext. 2900 to speak with a customer relations representative.

Sincerely,
Allison
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company

My original request:
EmailTo: [log in to unmask]
Subject:    Contact from Web Site: Products

I have a coffee-loving family member with celiac disease.  He must
maintain a strict gluten-free diet and cannot consume any product that
has been processed or contains wheat, rye, barley, oats or any of their
derivatives.  This would include possible contamination in processing
equipment.  Some US coffees are blended with some of these grains.  Are
all or some varieties of Starbucks coffee gluten-free?