Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 14:45:42 +0200
Hi

Has anyone had to deal with "clearing out" the Hard Drives of an entire
network (ie: Formatting them) I was wondering what the best way of going
about this may be. The network is big and it is really becomming very
disorganised and I would like to perhaps speed the network up a bit by
getting rid of usless files. We also intend on deleting the NOS, basically
everything. The entire network was backed up. So that it can be fully
restored should sumthing go wrong and no data will be lost.

Does anyone have tips or suggestions on how we should procede from here ?
Whats the best way of going about this ? Is it at all feasible, should we
rather just keep the network going and keep replacing the HD's and CPU's
with faster ones to keep the speed from dropping ? I'm also concerned about
applications that have been upgraded and patched over the years and these
patches and upgrades are starting to cause problems with the NOS and other
applications is there any other way of getting around this without
formatting ?

We are using Windows NT(SP5), with compatability for Win95 laptops

Cheers
Kevin Hains

PS: This is a hypothetical question, thus I am unconcerned about the loss of
productivity. I am trying to find more about whether its possible to start a
network fresh (like its possible with a stand-alone computer)

Cape Town
South Africa

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html