From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:02:38 -0700
Hello,

I just thought the list might be interested in Dr. Sears' latest comment on
Paleo (from www.drsears.com 's "Ask Dr Sears" section):

Paleolithic diet
Posted 08/17/99

[submitted question:]

Although the Paleolithic diet may have approximated that of the Zone, it seems
likely that the protein, carbohydrates, and nuts or seeds were consumed at
different times. How does this square with the Zone diet where the three
macronutrients are consumed together?

[answer:]

Research suggests that neo-paleolithic meals were eaten at a common location
once the hunting and gathering parties had returned the campsite. Now we do our
hunting and gathering at the supermarket and return to a common site (the
kitchen) for food preparation and eating. Obviously, we have the opportunity to
be more consistent in our food choices than did neo-paleolithic man which
greatly improves our ability to control the resulting hormonal responses.

Dr. Barry Sears