NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Redman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 20:57:02 -0500
HI Bronwyn,

I made a chocolate tofu cheesecake that was the hit of the potluck dinner.
Nobody knew that it wasn't cheese!

I don't have a specific recipe, but what I did, I took a regular chocolate
cheesecake that you bake and instead of the cream cheese, I added a package of
silken tofu. I left the eggs in, used melted chocolate chips (that will help it
set) and added some liquer like Tia Maria.

Drizzle some chocolate on top and everyone will be impressed. Just remember,
leave all the fattening stuff in, you are not trying to make it healthy, just
dairy free! If you can't find dairy free chips, use semi sweet squares.

Another fav party dish of mine is sweet and sour meatballs. Easy...take some
browned meatballs and put them in a large pot. Take a jar of Heinz Chili sauce
and 1/2 a jar of Welsh's grape jelly and add it to the meatballs. Let this
mixture simmer for at least an hour on low (a slow cooker is ideal for this).
Adjust by adding more jelly. If you want spicy, add some salsa or tabasco. Put
in fondue pot to serve (or use the slow cooker). This really tastes amazing and
everyone will ask you for the recipe.

Just have fun!
Lori