C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 13:20:47 -0500
Denise,

        I wouldn't begin to tell you the symptoms of withdrawal from the
pain killers because I don't know what you are own. But you could probably
find it
in any general book on prescription drugs. I personally like the paper by
Long et all as opposed to the PDR(Physicians Desk Reference). Generally,
they can run from flu-like symptoms to mild irritability, restlessness and
hypertension. It does not sound like you were taking enough to become
dependent(the "in-term", now), "addiction" is not in the DSM-IV.
        I was shhooting my mouth off about Ativan, primarily because it is
in the "benzodiazepine" family, like Valium. I forgot about it's short
half-life and was thinking of Valium. I have been on 5 mg of Valium for so
long I would have a heart failure if I attempt to come off completely. My
internist and I have talked about it. So, I was probably projecting my own
"crap" on to you.
        Pain killers never have done much for me, but hype me up. I took
six Loritabs over a two day period after my gal bladder was out two weeks
ago and the drove me crazy!

Good luck on your decision re: Baclofen.

Bobby