C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 21:39:12 EST
Hi Bob and all-

I did therputic horse back riding from 7th grade untill just last year.  The
reason I stoped is because the place I was riding at (which has multiple
instructors) kept assigning me to this one instructor..her name was Caroline
who kept talking to me like I was mentally retarded which I did not like.
Who would?  I have never been talked down to the way caroline talked down to
me--and I have been around dispite my "young age" as some of you have noted.

It made me really not want to go...even though I love riding...I hate being
treated like I have an IQ of 0...but this instructor treates everyone like
that...I don't know why Equest (the place I road at) hired her because all of
there other instructors are great  I had been riding there since 9th grade
and before that when we lived in DC I road in Clifton VA.  Carloine dose work
well with those who are mentaly impared though.  In fact she is a
co-instructer of there hippotherapy (that's physical therapy on a horse)
program.  I was in there theraputic riding program.  I was even on the 1994
Equest Exibition Riding Team!

Chears Everyone
Anee
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

In a message dated 11/2/1999 7:19:35 PM Central Standard Time,