C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 17:11:16 -0700
Hi Dana,

  I think,for the most part, many of us with cp do have a heart murmur. I may be
wrong, however :)

  I was found to have a murmur at initial cardiologist exam, whereupon further
tests were done at which time the leaky valves were indicated. Whether I've always
had leaks is not known, as the doctors had no paediatric/juvenile records to draw
from. It is possible that I blew leaks during a fibromyalgia flare with related
chest/rib cage/lung pain, but no one is certain. The arrhthymia was most
disconcerting early on, but now that I know what I'm dealing with I can better deal
with it.

  For those of you who were diagnosed with osteoarthritis, at what age were you so
diagnosed? I was diagnosed with osteo of the thoracic spine at around age 18.
Degenerative disc disease around the same time. Both related to the cp, and
therefore secondary to the condition. Both due in large part to acquired abnormal
walking posture in aid of ambulation since toddlerhood. The joys of being a spaz!

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier