C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
BrightIs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 10:22:17 -0400
> There are many conditions that the medical society deem incompatible with
life and advise parents not to treat such as many
trisomys.

You know when they diagnoised my youngest with microcephaly, they said he
may not ever walk or talk and will most likly be mentally retarded.  At this
time he is walking, he started walking at 18 months of age, thats late but
it is walking.  He is now trying to learn to balance enough to run and jump,
which the neurologist said he would never do, give him about a year and he
will probably do that too.
Granted he is having difficulties in talking, but at age 23 months he
says"mah""dah""by""bah-bah" and "ball", I would say that is a good start to
talking.  Granted he has alot of health issues going on and we still do not
know how long he is going to live, but can't we enjoy him as long as he is
here?
Deborah mom of 4