C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 02:32:14 EDT
Hi,

An SDR or a Baclofen pump would not be options for those with strokes or
hemi-plegic CP since only one side of their body is affected.  I suggest that
you try EEG biofeedback for the stroke and the spasticity.  An SDR is only an
option for children with Spastic CP.  It is not for Athethoids/Dystonia type
of CP nor for Ataxic CP, thank G-d. I don't recommend either one of these
procedures for anyone anyhow.  There is also therapeutic horseback riding,
TES, NACD that would be much more beneficial than either SDR or Baclofen.
The oral version of Baclofen also has many side effects and is not working
out as well either as I was told by a doctor when I asked about it.

Dina