C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeri Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeri Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 07:26:52 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle E. Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, July 08, 1999 5:38 AM
Subject: Re: ADMIN: Listowner...

Taking
>care of a wife dying from cancer does tend to cut into one's free time a
>bit, so I haven't been able to work on it as much as I'd like, so I do
>apologize for that (seriously, I should have kept you up-to-date where I
was
>on that).  You may have noticed that I haven't posted to the forum much
>lately--for the same reason.
>
>You know, doing all the housework, driving to oncologist's appointments,
>maintaining a viable job and generally trying to make life as comfortable
>and normal for my family as possible sure cuts into the time I have for
>burping, farting and "male posturing".  Maybe when Laura finally does pass
>I'll be able to go back to being myself--you know, the oppressor of so many
>faceless, nameless womyn--only useful for sexual release and personal gain.

Hello,  My name is Jeri B.
          I am a Newbie, to the list & to the internet.
I somehow got connected to this list as I was investigating just what
Cerebral Palsy
was. I've lived with a very slight case on my left side, for almost 42
years.
 The only thing I knew about it was that my Mother, "bless her heart",
 took a bottle of aspirin when she was pregnant.It causes me more
 emotional pain, than physical. Like jobs I would like to get, but I type
with one hand.
I've learned to take different avenues. At this point I kind of stopped the
world and
got off, for a while anyway. I was let go from my previous job, that I had
been on for
almost 7 yrs... But when the new management took over, I was just not as
quick as they
would have liked me to be. Poor me. Poor Kyle, Poor Laura, we all have our
problems.
    When I first started reading these notes, they were giving some guy a
bad time about
his wheelchair falling over in the street, I thought, "What a bunch off dumb
kids" How do
I get off of this list.
   Then there was the men and women with children, asking about different
gadgets to
stretch their babies ham strings and knee pads so the babies could crawl on
the floor,
I had a lot of empathy and respect for these people. Because I knew they had
a long struggle
ahead of them. I felt I didn't belong on this list. I had no idea what all
these gadgets were.
But it was nice to see they were all sharing information.
   I have been just passing over the messages because I didn't understand
them.
But now this new thing caught my eye. I just have to put my 2 cents in.
I felt I was addressed because I was 1 of the silent 130 or whatever the #
was.
   I don't know how this thing with Jasper got going, but I agree with
whoever said.
"What does it matter weather he's got CP or not, He's someone willing to
help. That's
what's important."  Thank You, Jasper, for being willing to help. You make a
difference
in many lives.
   I haven't found the information I'm looking for yet. I heard of a site
called ask.com,
I think I will try there.
  I appreciate the 7 people that stood up for Jasper. 8 now, counting me. So
now there
are only 139 silent people. I'm Not going to get into this bickering thing.
My 2 cents is
this, It was really more than my heart could handle, the people fighting for
their children,
to get them the PT, etc. that they needed. So their limbs would not tighten
up beyond
repair. Tear, tear, sob, sob.  (Sorry, I have PMS)
                                                                  Thanks for
listening,

Jeri B.
P.S. Could someone tell me how I can get of this thing. It fills up my
Email. Not Really!
I subscribed to more newsletters than I needed, and can't figure out how to
stop them
either.