C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 14:33:23 -0500
Dear List,

        Well I see I missed a tussle with "virus hoaxes". Communications in
two dimensions really does loose something in the translation despite
emoticons, etc.

        The wedding of my son was like something out of a modern day "Gone
with the Wind" with symphonic quartet and all. I sat with the bridesmaids
during the rehersal and most all of them were Davidson
graduates(Bachelor's) which put them about 10 percentile points higher than
any doctoral student here at good ol' U. of M. People had flown in from
Lima, Peru; Paris, France and Nepal. I felt like Jed Clampett sitting with
those debutantes. Everything went great. The autistic brother was not able
to participate during the ceremony because he was too excited. I have never
been in a tux or had to stand still for so long, I was afraid I would pass
out. Meredith, my new daughter-in-law was so beautiful and so was my
daughter who was a bradesmaid(not a Davidson graduate). I was such a proud
Papa with my son and daughter and daughter-in-law! We made it fine and now
I am back in Memphis.
        Meredith's mom is the North Carolina advocate for the NC Autistic
society, so we had a lot in common. Also, at the wedding the were some real
life "Rain Men"! One fellow had memorized the street maps of all the larger
cities in NC and could tell how to get to anywhere.
The bride and groom are honeymooning in Arruba, right now. Must be nice!
Kyle, you said, spare no details so I have tried to say this was a wedding
like out of a dream and really made me humble to see it and participate in
it by God's grace. Now I'm getting "mushy", so I'll quit.

Bobby