C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 10:53:36 EDT
Hi,

I am an adult in  my late 30's who is improving, not getting worse.  A few
years ago, I was having a horrible time with pain in my ankles which made it
difficult for me to walk and etc. I, too, have felt that "wooden feeling in
my body'" The doctor told me to lose weight and to get a walker because I was
going to need it ASAP.  I, instead went to a nutritionist who told me that I
had severe food allergies.  The pain was GONE within a few weeks. I find that
when I eat too much of certain foods that I am allergic to, I won't feel as
good, be much more tired and then I might get the joint pains for a few
minutes.

I am extremely active these days.  I always was, but I go horseback riding 3
days a week, go to a chiropractor on a regular basis, do Rolfing from time to
time, am doing neurobiofeedback, NACD and etc.  When I was attending school,
I was doing all of the above as well, and tutoring on top of it all, so I
don't have the problems most of you are having.

I have heard that people are having problems with their joints and mobility
anywhere from the ages of 30 and up.  I could have been at the starting point
of all of this a few years ago, but like I said, I am IMPROVING these days.
I no longer feel so stiff in the mornings, have a lot more energy and etc. My
balance has gotten so much better, my shoes are now lasting me an average of
six months.  My range of motion and flexibility has increased tremendously
because of the riding.  I am standing taller and walking so much better than
I used to.  My Rolfer was amazed at how much more balanced I am when she saw
me a couple of weeks ago.

Just passing this along so that you can see that it doesn't have to be a
downward spiral and that you can help your body in so many ways to improve.

Dina