C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 12:17:39 -0500
Denise,

        I love the concept of "getting a really big straw". Being a former
macho
man, I grew up on that concept and literally hate it. For me, I was trying
to impress people who didn't really give a damn. Now, my body and mind are
paying
"interest" on stuff I did for people who really were not worth it. I have
realized that "proving myself" was almost the same as being on the "pity
pot"; both are a form of not accepting myself and my limitations. I still
live with a lot of "demons" in my head. The down side of this is that I
can't do(or, more accurately) won't do anything and am miserable some of
the time. Altering your life style as much as I have has painted me into a
corner of somewhat self-imposed helplessness. So, either way, pushing it or
giving in, are not really desirable alternatives. Does any one know of a
happy medium?

Bobby

P.S. If your psychic is one Prozac, is he/she a happy medium! LOL