From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:20:04 -0800
Jose E. Dominguez wrote:

> Yui Shin wrote:
>
YS> > Please clarify which versions of Win 95 CD's are bootable.
> > If there's one, I have plenty of  customer's that would love
> > to have it. I have Win95a, 95b, neither of which have the
> > necessary file for booting like NT, 98, and 98SE.
>
JD> What file is this? Browsing a 95, 98 CD, I don't see any files on one
>that are
> not on the other. the NT CD does have a different file but I'm sure it's
NT
> related and has got nothing to do with booting.
>
> Jose

 YS replies:
    The file is encoded into the cd during production and is not visible
on Windows or DOS. It works similar to a music cd. Windows knows
to auto-start a music cd based on a confirmation pulse from your cd
drive. This is why music cd's load even though you can't see the file
image which starts it. This file image is visible using a cd analyzer, but
it can't see the contents just the pulse pattern. If I was to geuss, I would
say it's encoded with a hexadecimal address referencing boot procedure
in the form of Assembly language.

best regards -yui shin

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html