From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:15:36 +0200
Hello root,

r> Peter Ramins wrote:
r> <snip>
>> I think ifI can find out the AT command to disable v.90 and just use v.34, I
>> should be fine, but AT*MM commands don't work. (Those commands were what
>> worked with my last modem.)
>>
>> Does anyone have a link to a list of AT commands for hayes compatibles, or
>> suggestions on an init string?

r> Peter,

r> On both my USR and Zoom modems, the command to disable V.90 is given
r> through an S register.  On these two modems the command is "ATS32=66".
r> S32 is the register...

r> Of course, your modem may use completely different commands so please
r> check with your manufacturers web site first.  using the wrong commands
r> could possible be fatal to the modem.

Indeed, be careful. My manual lists S32 as "XON Character", and
setting it to 66 is likely to prevent correct operation in some modes.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| (ICQ) 238-6792