From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:32:39 +0200
Hello Chuck,

CH> I am putting together a 486 system for a friend. The computer boots fine,
CH> and it can access the floppy drive and boot from there, but when I add a hdd
CH> with dos 6.22 and win 3.11, the bios gives me a "no operating system found
CH> message". I have tried reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling dos and
CH> windows, but to no avail. What can I do to fix this? Thank you,

hmm... could be that drive parameters are incorrectly set or were
incorrectly set on the machine the HD was created on, copy them
exactly from BIOS to BIOS...

if this was a second drive in the orig. system, it could be an inactive
partition... use any partition manager - I believe FDISK is good - to
activate it.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]