Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:32:38 +1000
Sami Garzon wrote:

>          I was planning to buy a 10.2Gg Hard
> Disk, but I've seen another one, 14.4Gg with good price. I was
> wandering if my system will receive it. A few month ago I would not
> concern, but after joining this wonderful mailing list I've seen some
> posting telling that 16 is a very big size, and that there may be some
> problems in the BIOS to recognize it. Should I worry? My system is a
> Pentium 166Mhz with 48Mb RAM and a 2.5Gg HD with win98 and linux.

It's hard to say if you don't tell us what's the bios version of your computer.
However, most Pentium mobo I have seen have limitation upto 8G IDE harddisk.

>        BTW, this HD is an "IBM 14.4GB 7200rpm UDMA33". Somebody has any
> experience with it?

I haven't used this model, but I have had very good experience with IBM
harddisks, they have very low chance to fail and they warranty is good.

Jun Qian

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html