From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 00:30:31 -0400
Greg,

I can't give you a definite fix, but I can confirm that your problem is
software related and specifically it is a Windows registry problem.  It is
not network related and it has nothing to do with the profiles or shares
that you have established.

Windows is notorious for mismanaging (mangling) the registry.

Even though Outlook is shut down, (from what you described) the Windows
registry still has some part of Outlook active and therefore will not
release the lock on the file.

It's a lousy resolution, but I think your only alternative is to strip down
the offending machine and reinstall everything.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====