From:
"Dr. Mom" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:34:17 -0400
OK.  Let me tell you about the triad of magnesium, B6 and essential fatty
acids.  If the biochemical pathway is missing one of these three the
process stops there while the extra precursors build up.  Zinc is also used
as a cofactor in some of the reactions.  But with the meat you are no doubt
eating, I doubt you are zinc deficient.

Do you remember your dreams?  If not, you need more B6.  Do you have a lot
of thirst, chicken skin on the backs of your arms, PMS or irritibility?
That would indicate need for essential fatty acids.  If I had my way, I
would make sure everyone ate (cold water) fish at least 3 X a week or took
EFA supplements.

Really, if you took at least 400 mg of magnesium by itself, you would fall
right asleep.  With calcium, the magnesium gets used up in the metabolism
of the calcium.

.
::>
::This advice seems a little simplistic.  I take Calc/Mag/D before bed and
my
::mind still  doesn't shut off very well.  I don't think I'd use this as a
::test for magnesium deficiency.
::
::Kath

Dr. Mom- Ph.D. in motherhood.