Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:52:00 -0500
> And about cheeze weaning , a ggood way is to eat aged raw meat , it taste
> like the best  raw cheeze from France. It worked for me who was completly
> addicted to them.
> jean-claude

How does one safely age raw meat?  Is there a concern about bacteria?

I am still "fearful" of raw meat.  Will the smell or appearance reflect
something wrong with it?  Has anyone ever gotten ill from raw eggs or meat they
thought was safe?  How do I assure it is safe?  In the archives I think I read
that all meats are safe to eat raw and trichinosis is a myth, salmonella and
e.coli  is not to be worried about, is this true?  Can I eat meat from grocery
store raw?

If it is not denatured by freezing or searing and left in the refrigerator for a
few days to a week, is it still safe to eat raw?  I was raised, as everyone else
I know, to cook meats thoroughly.  I have never had food poisoning but do not
want to get it either.  I have a 14 month old and can't really be bed (or
toilet)-ridden due to contaminated meat or eggs.  Are my fears unwarranted and
based on scare tactics that I can overcome if I give it a chance?

Kendra
NeanderTwin