From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 19:04:10 -0400
Paula <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>     I would like to know how this diet effects the symptoms of celiac
>disease.

It should totally control it. It is gluten-free and that is all ones needs
for celiac disease. Some celiacs also are intolerant to other grains, but
they are also out of the paleo diet.

> In other words do your symptoms completely go away, or do you
>still have symptoms like loose stool?

If one still has loose stools then one has other unidentified food
intolerances. ELISA testing is what I would recommend. See:

http://www.immunolabs.com/
http://www.betterhealthusa.com/home.htm

These are the same lab, one site for doctors and another for the consumer.
This lab claims to have the best repeatability of test results. The lab
charges $250 for the test alone and $300 with the diet plan. Skip the diet
plan.

>     My son has been paleo for over one year now also and he has some =
>symptoms that seem very crohn's like.

Such as?

> Now, since the cure for celiac disease is to get off =
>gluten (or does that not always do it?)

Yes, if celiac is the only problem.

>and since he has been gluten free
>all his 15 years of life, wouldn't he not be experiancing problems?

If he has been gluten-free his whole life there is no way that he can be
tested for celiac disease, unless he takes up consuming gluten in quantity
for a couple months.

Don.