From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:48:42 -0700
>>Thanks for the info on the clover.  I'll plant some in the spring.   Do
you
>>have the name of a good book showing which plants are compatible with each
>>other as soil builders/sustainers?        Oliva

IF you have the chance to put your hands on :
"the natural way of farming, theory and practice of green philosophie"
or "one straw revolution" from MAsanobu Fukuoka (both out of print)
you could get a very different outlook on the relationship of different
plants to create a sustainable ecosystem producing food for human.
This way of farming is questionning the fondamental principals of
traditional agriculture; (tilling, fertilising, weeding, treating diseases,
and pruning trees).
Naturel way of farming doesn't do any of this and succeeds at producing the
most abundant "paleo  quality " food than one is able to produce in  the
present disturbed ecosystems.
My wife wrote a pamphlet of introduction to "the natural way of farming"
available from us for $ 3.50 ,in case you can't borrow the books from a
library.
jean-claude