From:
Muriel Hykes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 22:27:49 -0400
>>        The two major neurotransmitters involved in preventing
>>depression are serotonin and norepinephrine.  You can manipulate
>>these by providing their amino acid precursors.
>
>Dear Muriel,
>        I am never certain who wrote what when there are the ">" within an
>email.  Is the above statement yours or someone elses?

        Yes, it was my signature file. I try to change health hints a couple of
times a week.  Past ones are put on my web site.

Can you tell me just
>what are the foods that would provide their (serotonin and norepinephrine)
>amino acid precursors?

        Tryptophan is the precursor of serotonin.  It is found in milk, and
turkey.  It is not sold in the US anymore because a contaminated batch came
here from Japan in '93.  Tyrosine and phenylalanine are turned into
norepinephrine.  Foods? Meat and cheese are high in tyrosine.
Phenylalanine like compounds are in choc. for one.
        The best book for manipulating your neurotransmitters is called Seven
Weeks to Sobriety.  (Alcoholics have major messed up neurotransmitters.)
This book also goes into familial EFA needs.  It is a great book.

        The Paleolithic eating is extremely interesting to me.  When I
>heard on the Financial News Network that, according to one doctor, people
>should eat according to their blood type, I was thrilled.  As an O Positive
>I can eat meat again without feeling that I am going against all that I
        The book is called Listen To Your Body.  I am an o neg.  I feel better
with lots of meat.  I think we are the weakest genetic group.

                <http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3995/>