From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 09:09:56 -0400
>There is one week in July where I can get blueberries for either $0.84 or
>$0.89 a pint. If I ran this little dehydrator round the clock for this
>week, just how much would I get done? How many drying square inches does it
>have?

ohh, good price.  i'm paying $0.95 a pint here this week.  ok, the
dehydrator has five racks, each is about 16" round, the size of a large
pizza. i am going to make some more today, using the improved directions
i've received.  but i guess a pint would about spread out on each rack.
they should be dry in less than 12 hours, so if you ran 5 trays twice a day
for a week.....70 pints of blueberries!?!? wow!

>Actually blueberries freeze very nicely just dumped in a bag (they have to
>be dry), and defrost fairly well in the microwave.

true, but i don't have much freezer space (just got a teeny tiny one inside
the frig).

JoAnn.