From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:03:40 -0400
I saw it on television the other night.  It was on The Learning Channel, I
can't remember the name of the show, but it's a gardineing show with a
really goofy 40-ish guy (Paul James, maybe?) with salt and pepper hair,
glasses, and a bushy mustache.  The particular episode was all about
growing your own edible mushrooms from kits.  He interviewed some chef and
asked him his favorite mushrooms, which were shiitake and miitake (sp?).
 He laughed at the mention of Portobellas and said what I said earlier.

Sorry.  I really didn't make that up.

Take care,
John Pavao

At 07:55 AM 7/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Do you know that Portabella mushrooms are actually just the regular white
>button mushrooms you can buy much more cheaply right next to the
Portabella
>mushrooms for a fraction of the price?  They've just been allowed to grow
>to full size.

        Nooooo.  I don't believe that.  They taste different and have
different
color and ... no, I don't.