NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:08:19 -0400
After reading all the wonderful emails....thanks so very much....that everyone has sent to me, and going to the recommended websites, and speaking to a few family friends who are docs, here is what I plan to bring up tomorrow.....

Bloodwork for IgG mediated allergies

Celiac Disease

Eosinophilic disorders (like EG)

Food protein induced Enterocolitis

Delayed food allergy testing

Endoscopy to check for the EG stuff, possible colonoscopy if needed

I will ask about, tho not really concerned about, cystic fibrosis, because someone mentioned it to me.....

A friend doc said I should ask about his kidneys and his calcium (don't know why)

I am also going to ask about special formulas and elimination diets, as well as vitamin supplements.

I am having Tyler ingest all the suspicions today so the doc can see/test based on what has been happening, and not on what happens when he is "ok".  So he is allowed to have milk, soy, and wheat today (not that we've been strongly avoiding any of them, he just hasn't been eating much at all!!)

He still has diarrhea but not as bad...its down to like 4x a day as opposed to 10.

If anyone has any further advice, our appt. is 12:30 tomorrow (Wednesday), please respond here or email me privately.  THANKS!!!

Nancy
Proud mommy to Tyler (5/6/01)

"My son is my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise him is my greatest challenge"