NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E. J. Mumaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:46:03 EDT
>>I have trouble excepting the ... "not enough lactose to make a
>>difference" theory.  Any thoughts or similar experiences out there?

My son has also had a reaction to lactose in prescription drugs.  Technically
medical grade lactose isn't supposed to have any milk protein in it and
shouldn't cause an allergic reaction to those sensitive to milk protein, or
so I have been told.  Another place you have to look for lactose is in the
newer inhalers for asthma.  Of course someone who has a lactose intolerance
would react, but it is generally considered safe for those with a milk
protein allergy.  I don't chance it after the one reaction and my Dr's are
willing to work with us on it.

E.J.