NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:10:21 -0500
My son had severe responses to dairy -including if it even touched
his skin. This spring, we challenged him, and he came down with
terrible asthma, stomach cramps, (&more) from the milk, or it was the
flu. This summer the same thing happened, tho the coughing was
lessened. Now this past month, he seems to drink it fine, tho he
won't guzzle it. Just getting a little baggy eyes. We're keeping an
eye on him for other signs, sometimes it takes weeks to build back up
into the system. He will be 5 years old next week, and was avoiding
milk (except for a few accidents/challenges) since about 16 months
old.

My advice- wait it out, maybe there is something to that growing out
if it. I'm still skeptical. I will have to say, though, he still has
allergies to eggs, soy and all legumes, and barley- so the milk
addition won't change his diet or my cooking much. I'm also aware
that the allergy may appear later in life with different symptoms.
.