NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Becky Leppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:07:17 -0700
Hi all,

I just made a wonderful Carrot Cake over the weekend and realized that I
didn't make any substitutions!  You all may have a good carrot recipe
but this turned out so well I thought I would post it for those that are
interested.  I have a food processor and I shredded  a 10#  bag of
carrots which took no time at all. I then froze the shredded carrots in
2 cup portions so that next time I don't have to haul everything out to
grate the carrots!

Carrot Cake

1 1/2 cups oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup drained  crushed pineapple
1 cup walnuts (optional)

Mix altogether and put in a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.  Bake at 350 for
45 minutes.