NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandra Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 19:18:19 -0700
I have been told by two different doctors that the Epi-Pen Junior can only be used once the child weighs at least 32 pounds.  Is there an alternative for smaller(younger) children?  We have been carrying a vial of epinephrine with a syringe since my son was six months old.  I have been anxiously awaiting the day he weighs 32 pounds so we can have an Epi-Pen instead.  It seems like it would be so much easier to train others to use.

Sandy

Beth Kevles wrote:

But the ones who
DO deal with babies will be able to offer you advice, resources, and an
epi-pen for emergencies.