NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larissa Blechman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 13:49:46 -0400
My guess is that most camps rely on a large amount of dairy and pareve
items since kosher meat is so costly.  We keep kosher and do no dairy
obviously but most of our friends and family that keep k osher do alot
of dairy partly due to cost.   There may be a vegetarian kosher camp but
unless thay were completly vegan the dairy would still be a problem.We
have the dairy problem constantly at almost all synagogue functions,
almost all meals for community events, dinners etc are dairy based.  We
end up eating salads and carrying in our own pareve lasagna and gluten
free bread. I'll check into the camp situation as time permits.

Larissa