NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 10:12:07 -0500
An atopic child can and usually is allergic to more than one item, not just
milk. You're lucky that you identified the general culprit. Save the
ingredients list so that you can compare it to other culprits and maybe
find the offending ingredient(s). Josh had severe Eeczema flares with
virtually all OTC cold medications. We were never 100% sure, but we think
it might have been either the sorbitol or the citric acid. Whatever it was,
we never use the liquids any more - we stick to the pill form (not the
chewables). We put it in a spoonful of applesauce or dairy-free pudding.

While we're on the topic of atopic children and colds, there is a
respiratory virus going around that includes a fever for a couple of days.
If the fever goes away and then comes back, suspect a secondary infection:
sinusitis or ear infection or pneumonia. The sinusitis and pneumonia can
and often are accompanied by asthma.

Mark Feblowitz